Family Fund Travel Insurance
Peace of mind on your family break
It can be difficult to find affordable travel insurance for families with disabled or seriously ill children or young people. Sometimes the cost of the travel insurance alone can mean that a family break away is unachievable.
Working with our chosen insurance partners, Vision Insurance Services Ltd, 15 nights travel insurance is automatically included when you receive a Family Fund travel grant. To discuss any aspects of the policy cover please call Vision Insurance Services on 01276 539787.
Please note the following eligibility requirements to qualify for the travel insurance:
- The travel insurance is only available for families who have been issued with a Family Fund travel grant between 1 August 2015 and 31 March 2019 and who use that grant to pay for a holiday.
- All holidays must have commenced and ended by 31 March 2020. No cover will be provided after 31 March 2020 by this policy.
- The policy contains certain medical exclusions. In the event of an Insured Person having had a medical consultation or having had medical treatment in the 60 days prior to the booking of the journey, the Insured Person must obtain written confirmation of fitness to travel from the GP or Consultant prior to the booking of the journey. It is important that you carefully read the policy documentation, and contact Vision Insurance Services if you have any queries or questions.
- The policy contains certain exclusions with regards to pre-existing medical conditions and also excludes cover where there is a known risk of cancellation. It is important that you carefully read the policy documentation, and contact Vision Insurance Services if you have any queries or questions.
- The policy contains certain exclusions with regards to terminal prognosis (regardless of the duration of life expectancy) of an Insured Person. It is important that you carefully read the policy documentation, and contact Vision Insurance Services if you have any queries or questions.
- Travel Insurance is provided for the Main Insured Person and Immediate Family Members and a Carer (please refer to the policy wording for the definitions of Main Insured Person, Immediate Family Member and Carer) all of whom must be named on the holiday booking. The Main Insured Person must also have been awarded a Family Fund grant after 1st August 2015 for the purpose of paying for a holiday, involving pre-booked travel and/or accommodation for at least one nights duration booked using the Family Fund appointed agent.
- Travel Insurance does not apply to anyone aged 70 years or over on the date the holiday commences.
- Children are not covered unless accompanied by an adult Insured Person.
- Cover is not available for families resident in Northern Ireland.
- UK and Worldwide trips are covered for up to a maximum of 15 nights or for two shorter trips with a total duration of no more than 15 nights.
- Trips up to 21 nights can be covered but you must contact Vision Insurance Services (on 01276 539 787) to pay the additional premium required. If the additional premium is not paid no insurance will be in place for any of that journey. This must be paid within 21 days of booking the journey and before travel commences.
- Travel Insurance for UK holidays does not include cover for Medical Expenses and Repatriation, Personal Property and Money, Loss of Passport or Driving Licence.
- It is essential that you review the policy documents to ensure that the policy meets your needs and that you are familiar with the extent of cover. These can be found at www.vision-insurance.co.uk/family-fund Vision Insurance Services Ltd can be contacted on 01276 539 787 to discuss any aspect of your cover.
Other Useful Information
Chubb Insurance – Brexit Travel Guidance
Chubb insurance has provided the following guidance: CHUBB Brexit Guidance
We would also recommend you view the government guidance website if you have any queries surrounding Brexit and how this may affect your trip: